Hooray, it’s finally October! I am so excited for all things spooky, pumpkin-full, autumnal, black, and orange. I’m also excited for my Bookish Halloween Bonanza! On this post you’ll find compiled a list of all the things you can expect to see this month. As the posts are live, the links to the pages will be added here. I’ll also indicate what giveaways are active and when. The bottom line? This post will be your go-to source for all of the Bookish Halloween Bonanza activities, so bookmark it now! Oh, and don’t forget to enter to win the ultimate bookish halloween box at the end of this post! It’s going to be full of fantastic, horrifically bookish items!
- OCT 5: Rave Guest Review: Horns by Joe Hill (by Lauren at Shooting Stars Magazine)
- OCT 7: Guest Post: Five Reasons Why You Should Read Edgar Allan Poe (by Carlisa at Confessions of Carlisa)
- OCT 12: Delectably Creepy: The Bird Box by Josh Malerman (by yours truly!)
- OCT 14: Rave Guest Review: Misery by Stephen King (by Michelle at Musings of a Writer)
- OCT 19: Rave Guest Review: Ten by Gretchen McNeil (by Nichole at YA Reads)
- OCT 21: Rave Guest Review: The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (by Derek at Derek Carney Has A Thing For Books)
- OCT 27: The Original Scary Story: Dracula by Bram Stoker (also by yours truly)
All spooky stories have been written specially for the bandar blog’s Bookish Halloween Bonanza by C. W. Thornton.
- OCT 2: Zombs: A day in the life of an Infected Management agent
- OCT 9: Shiva or, What Happens When the Internet Wakes Up
- OCT 16: The Wendigo: A classic campfire story retelling, Part 1
- OCT 23: The Wendigo: A classic campfire story retelling, Part 2
- OCT 30: The Wendigo: A classic campfire story retelling, Part 3
- OCT 3: 10 Bookish Costume Ideas: Providing you with inspiration for bookish costumes, and an opportunity for you to share your own!
- OCT 10: Spooky Story edition of Mystery Monday
- OCT 17: From Spooky Book to Horror Flick: Horror films you didn’t know were based on books.
- OCT 24: Let’s Talk Horror: What do you love or hate about the horror genre?
The giveaway is over!
I gave away a fantastic surprise box as a celebration of my 6-month bloggiversary. I hand-picked each item to make sure it was both spooky and bookish. Inside was a collector’s edition of Dracula and Frankenstein, a Forbidden Forest candle from The Melting Library, a Frankenstein bookmark from Crafted Van, a The Shining button from Big Daddy Buttons, a Funko Pop from A Clockwork Orange, and a Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children pouch from Out of print. I had a ton of fun putting it together, and had even more fun getting to give it away!