For today’s top ten Tuesday, I’m talking about 10 books that I can’t wait to read in 2017. Some of them are new releases, and some of them have just been on my to-read list forever.
2017 Releases I am Anticipating:
- I seriously cannot wait for A Conjuring of Light by VE Schwab (coming out February 21). This is the final book in the Shades of Magic trilogy and I have super high expectations for this one! See my review of the first novel, A Darker Shade of Magic, and the second novel, A Gathering of Shadows, by clicking on their links!
- Caraval has been getting some intense hype for a long time. People are saying it has some similarities to The Night Circus, and I am so excited for this one to come out at the end of January!
- Another VE Schwab book, Our Dark Duet, sequel to This Savage Song (click link to see my review) is coming out in June, and it’s probably my most anticipated young adult release of 2017.
- A Closed and Common Orbit is a sort-of sequel (I say sort of because it is in the same world but follows peripheral characters) to one of my favorite books of 2016: The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet. The e-book is already out, but the physical copy doesn’t come out until March of next year, so I’m waiting for that one.
Already-Released Books I Can’t Wait to Get To:
- I have heard nothing but amazing things about the Wolf by Wolf duology, and I can’t wait to read it next year!
- I read A Court of Thorns and Roses and totally loved it. I’ve heard I’m going to love A Court of Mist and Fury even more.
- Dark Matter got a ton of hype this year, and it’s even being made into a movie. I recently purchased the audiobook, which I expect to be pretty entertaining.
- Vengeance Road is a young adult, western novel. I’ve never read a Western, and people seemed to really like this one when it came out this year. Sounds like so much fun and the cover is so perfect, I can’t wait to jump in!
- I have been told not to judge a book by its cover with The Winter King. One blogger I follow gave this book such a glowing review I had to had it to my to-read list RIGHT AWAY. I’m thinking of taking this one with me on my upcoming trip. Seems like perfect airplane reading!
- The people that enjoy Nevernight really freaking love it. There are also some less glowing reviews, but I am eager to try this one out for myself to see if I enjoy it. Apparently there’s a cat. Need I say more?
What books are you looking forward to reading in 2017?
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!