Happy Halloween friends! October flew by, partly in thanks to my crazy blogging month revolving around my Halloween Bonanza. It was an enormous success thanks to all of YOU who visited the blog, entered the giveaways, and commented on blog posts. I had so much fun giving books to my blogging friends and am very excited to announce the winner of the Ultimate Halloween Box giveaway on this post today!
October’s Halloween Bonanza Reviews
- [5 Oct] Horns by Joe Hill
- [7 Oct] The Complete Tales and Poems by Edgar Allan Poe
- [12 Oct] Bird Box by Josh Malerman ★★★★½
- [14 Oct] Misery by Stephen King
- [19 Oct] Ten by Gretchen McNeil
- [21 Oct] The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, Dave McKean
- [27 Oct] Dracula by Bram Stoker ★★★★★
Miscellaneous October Posts
- [1 Oct] Bookish Halloween Bonanza: Schedule of Events
- [2 Oct] Story Time! “Zombs: A Day in the Life of an Infected Management Agent.”
- [3 Oct] 10 Bookish Costume Ideas
- [9 Oct] Shiva or, What Happens When the Internet Wakes Up
- [10 Oct] Mystery Monday: Scary Stories
- [16 Oct] The Wendigo, Part 1
- [17 Oct] 10 Horror Movies You Didn’t Know Were Based on Books
- [23 Oct] The Wendigo, Part 2
- [24 Oct] Horror Genre Thoughts & Discussion
- [30 Oct] The Wendigo, Part 3
- [31 Oct] October Wrap-Up: Bookish Halloween Bonanza Was a Success!
The Bone Season Read Along
If you joined The Bone Season read a long we have been having some seriously hilarious twitter chats on Sundays (Samantha Shannon, the author of the series, even joined us for one of them!). We read The Bone Season this past month, and the plan is to start The Mime Order mid-November. If you want to joint us it’s not too late! Use #TBSReadAlong to label your twitter posts and instagram photos along the way. Here’s the info on the first section we’ll be reading and when the first chat is:
The Best of Bookstagram
Here were October’s most popular bookstagram photos. Again, bookish rainbows clearly are the way to go on instagram. I wonder if I could have an account devoted entirely to bookish rainbows? (This question is rhetorical. I know the answer is yes.) Don’t follow me on Instagram? Go check it out!
The Winner of the Ultimate Bookish Halloween Box!
Congrats Theresa! You won the box giveaway! Thanks to everyone else who entered. There were almost 1000 entires (color me amazed)!
And congratulations to the winners of all of the books that were given away this month! They have all be contacted and their books have been sent!
Did you have a good reading month? What were your favorite reads of October?