We’re over halfway done with 2017, so I figured I’m sharing my favorite books that I’ve read this year so far.
1. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
Review here. I loved this YA historical fiction noval about the tragedy of the Wilhelm Gustloff.
2. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas
Review here. Um, I freaking LOVED this book! It’s the second book in a trilogy, and frankly, it was the best!
3. Matilda by Roald Dahl
Review here. I hadn’t read this book until this year, and I completely loved it.
4. A Conjuring of Light by VE Schwab
Series review here. This series finale was perfect! I would highly recommend this series to anyone who loves the fantasy genre.
5. Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
Review here. OMG I LOVED THIS BOOK! If you haven’t read Jurassic Park, YOU MUST.
6. Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
Review here. This fantasy novel about an assassin’s school completely took me by surprise. I did not expect to love it as much as I did.
7. A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
Review here. One of my favorite character portraits I’ve read. Ove was phenomenal.
8. A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers
Review coming soon! I loved the first novel, The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet, and this stand-alone sequel was just as awesome.