So long September! Enough with the prelude-month to Halloween, I AM READY FOR OCTOBER. Who else is super stoked about all things October? *Looks at crowd, sees only one hand raised* Air high-five to you, you fantastic person, you! Anyway, before we say hello to
the best month of the year October, let’s wrap-up September.
One Classic and One ARC Per Month
It’s a personal goal to read a classic and advanced readers copy each month. This month I hit my goal, yay! I loved ALL of these books!
Classic: A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
(I’m hoping to have a couple’s review up in November… once I can force my husband to read this one, too.) As a side note, I ate my words big time with this book. I posted a picture of it on Instagram a while back saying that I would definitely never read this book. Legit a week later I happened upon a free audiobook version of it and voila! Book read!
ARC: The Doll House by Phoebe Morgan (see my review here!)
September Book Reviews
- [5 Sep] Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff ★★★★★
- [14 Sep] The Doll House by Phoebe Morgan ★★★½
- [16 Sep] The Magician King by Lev Grossman ★★★½
- [24 Sep] The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde ★★★★½
Miscellaneous September Posts
- [2 Sep] Bookstagram: What Bookstagrammers Do With A New Book
- [8 Sep] 11 Awesome Audiobooks To Try
- [12 Sep] 9 Favorite Books I Read Before Blogging
- [19 Sep] 10 Books to Read in the Fall
- [22 Sep] Genre Talk: Why Literary Fiction Isn’t For Me
- [26 Sep] Blog Tour: “Gate of Air” by Resa Nelson Excerpt + Giveaway!
- [30 Sep] September Wrap-Up: Time for Pumpkins, Ghosts, and Costumes!
September’s Best of Bookstagram
And don’t miss my “Bookstagram” Post Series! You can see the posts here.
Your Rep Discounts!
I occasionally “rep” for companies/brands on Instagram. That works in your favor, because if you decide you like what I’m repping, you can purchase the product for 10% off with my discount code! Yay to saving money!
- Charm With Me Club monthly (geeky) charm box subscription! Use code BANDAR10
While I am no longer receiving new boxes from this company, apparently the discount code isn’t going to expire! That’s awesome news for you. If you think you might be interested (or might want to gift this to someone), check them out! Here’s a photo of some of the charms I received in my “Time Travelers” box:
- Spireside Candles: Whimsical soy candles with all sorts of lovely scents! Use code BANDAR10
This batch of candles put me in the fall mood for sure! I received “Wicked Apple,” “Cinnamon Speldor,” “Tea and Whimsy,” and “Wizard’s Pub.” The apple and cinnamon of course smell exactly what you’d expect them to smell like (aka amazing). “Wizard’s Pub” has a baked goods/sweet sort of smell, which is usually not my favorite; however, when it burns, it smells FREAKING DELICIOUS! I haven’t burned the “Tea and Whimsy” yet, but it’s a bit more fruity sweet rather than baked good sweet (I’m really excellent at describing scents aren’t I?). Can’t wait to see how they all burn!