I have been so eager to do this post, though mostly because up until now I didn’t know what my top 10 reads would be. Thank goodness for Goodreads, who organized my books by rating for me and made this list very easy. Now, without further ado, my top 10 reads of 2016 (in no particular order!).
1. The Red Rising Trilogy by Pierce Brown
As if I haven’t raved about this series enough… See why you should read the Red Rising Trilogy here!
2. I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
3. The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
This was an unexpected surprise. See my review here!
4. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
Can you believe I hadn’t read this book until this year? And OH MAN I loved it! Everyone should read it! See my review here.
5. Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier
6. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
See my review for this tear-jerker here. Bonus: the movie came out last week! Yay for sad Christmas movies!
7. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
I’m such a sucker for WWII historical fiction, and this book didn’t disappoint. See my review here.
8. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Holy smokes I loved this book so much. I wish I had read it as a child, because I probably would have loved it even more!
9. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
This book is so much better than the movie. You must read it right now if you haven’t yet. See my review here.
10. The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
This is last, but certainly not least. In fact, this is probably one of my favorite reads of all-time. I keep raving about it on the blog and on social media, but I haven’t posted a review for it yet! Don’t worry (because I’m sure you’re so worried), one will be up this week.
What were some of your favorite reads of 2016? I’m always looking for new books!
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!