Hooray for 2017 bookish friends! Happy New Years Eve (or happy New Year, depending on where you’re located)! I love getting to move on to a new year. It feels like there’s so much opportunity, you know? A whole new year to do whatever you want to do and be whoever you want to be! Hooray! December was kind to me, though admittedly it was a little slow in the reading department. Let’s sum it all up.
Books Read in December
I didn’t get a lot of books read, but I really enjoyed all the books that I did read… well, other than Geek Love (not pictured), which I didn’t finish because I was not enjoying the audiobook at all. Review for Heartless is here. The reviews for the rest of them will be coming up in the next few weeks!
December’s Book Reviews
- [3 Dec] Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier ★★★★
- [7 Dec] The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon ★★★★★
- [9 Dec] Heartless by Marissa Meyer ★★★★
- [22 Dec] Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill ★
Miscellaneous December Posts
- [5 Dec] 5 Books for the Fantasy-Lovers in Your Life
- [13 Dec] 10 Books I’m Looking Forward To In 2017
- [15 Dec] 7 Gift Ideas for the Book Collector
- [17 Dec] 4 Book Recommendations for Sci-Fi Nerds
- [19 Dec] 4 Epic Novels for Historical Fiction Fans
- [27 Dec] Top Ten Best Books Of 2016
- [31 Dec] That’s a Wrap: Good-bye December and 2016!
The Best of Bookstagram
If you don’t follow my bookstagram yet, click here!
My Bookish Resolutions for 2017
- Blog a little less. Being a relatively new book blogger, I am still trying to figure out that work-blog-life balance. I need to incorporate a little bit more life into that mix, so I won’t be as frantic about getting reviews up ASAP or posting three times weekly. Maybe just twice weekly? Or sometimes – gasp – just once.
- Read more classics! I have so many classics that I want to read. I’m hoping to read 10-15 next year. We’ll see how I do.
- Read more advanced copies. Part of my privilege as a book blogger is that I can read advance copies of books and (hopefully, if I like it) help promote it. I want to make sure I do my part as a blogger and read more early releases! I’m shooting small: maybe 5-10?
What are some of your bookish resolutions? Or, if no bookish resolutions, what about normal resolutions? How was 2016 for you? What were some of your favorite reads?