January was a fantastic month for me! Not only was it my birthday month (last year in my twenties!), I also was in the Caribbean, Key West, and Miami for the beginning of it. I also started writing a new novel, which I am having a blast creating, and I re-read A Discovery of Witches, which is one of my favorite books ever! And so far I’m winning at my blogging resolutions. Basically, A+ to January.
One Classic and One ARC Per Month
Part of my blogging resolutions is to read a classic and advanced readers copy each month.
Classic: Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
ARC: WOOOOOW Month 1 and I’ve already failed this. Well, I blame Iron Gold, because that was one I could NOT put off.
Links I Loved
- Amy posted about her favorite pyschological thrillers of 2017. This girl reads thrillers like no one’s business, so if you like thrillers, you DEFINITELY need to check out this list.
- Megan talked about her most anticipated sci-fi/fantasy novels of 2018. I know a lot of you read that genre, so you should see if any appeal to you!
- Jackie talks about DNF-ing books and lists her reasons. See if they are the same as yours!
- Annemieke posted about the Goodreads Challenge and why you can be flexible when setting goals for yourself. This is a good reminder for all of us who are avid goal-setters!
January Book Reviews
- [4 Jan] The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor ★★★½
- [9 Jan] Heidi by Johanna Spyri ★★★½
- [29 Jan] The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert ★★★★
Miscellaneous January Posts
- [2 Jan] Blogging and Bookish Resolutions of 2018
- [6 Jan] 2018 Releases: 10 Books I’m Looking Forward To
- [12 Jan] The 10 Worst Books I Read in 2017
- [16 Jan] Bookstagram: Books and Flowers (Why is this always perfect?)
- [20 Jan] Bookish Worlds I Would NOT Want to Vacation In
- [22 Jan] Mystery Monday: Happy Birthday to Me!
- [26 Jan] Why Your Clicks & Subscriptions Matter To Bloggers
- [31 Jan] January Wrap-Up: A Fabulous Start to 2018
January’s Best of Bookstagram
And don’t miss my “Bookstagram” Post Series! You can see the posts here.
Your Rep Discounts!
I occasionally “rep” for companies/brands on Instagram. That works in your favor, because if you decide you like what I’m repping, you can purchase the product using my discount code and save yourself some money!
- Spireside Candles: Whimsical soy candles and wax melts with all sorts of lovely scents! Use code BANDAR10 for 10% off your order.
- Sudio Premium Earphones: These are awesome, stylish headphones. Use THEBANDARBLOG for 15% off.