Ah, the bittersweet conclusion of October. While I love moving into winter and the Christmas season, my horror-loving soul is always sad to say goodbye to October for a whole year. That all being said, this October was fabulous! I got to visit Disneyland and attend Mickey’s Halloween Party (yes, I’m a child) with a good friend, and my Bookish Halloween Bonanza was wonderfully successful!
Thank you to everyone to read, commented, and participated in my second Bookish Halloween Bonanza! The winner of the giveaway has been chosen (congrats Jessica G.!) and she has been contacted!
One Classic and One ARC Per Month
It’s a personal goal to read a classic and advanced readers copy each month. This month I missed my goal. Boo! I didn’t get to an ARC. At least I went above and beyond with the classics!
October Book Reviews
- [3 Oct] The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey ★★★★
- [10 Oct] Mapping the Interior by Stephen Graham Jones ★★★
- [17 Oct] Fierce Kingdom by Gin Phillips ★★★★★
- [24 Oct] The Grip of It by Jac Jemc ★★★½
- [29 Oct] The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty ★★★★★
Miscellaneous October Posts
- [1 Oct] Bookish Halloween Bonanza 2017: Happy October!
- [6 Oct] 9 Books that Inspire Halloween Costumes
- [8 Oct] Frightfully Awful: 10 Favorite Villains in Literature
- [13 Oct] 11 Horror Movies Inspired by Books
- [15 Oct] 13 Popular Horror Novels
- [20 Oct] 9 Horror Book Releases to Get Excited About
- [27 Oct] Top 5 Horror Novels on my TBR
- [31 Oct] October Wrap-Up: Another Successful Bookish Halloween Bonanza!
October’s Best of Bookstagram
And don’t miss my “Bookstagram” Post Series! You can see the posts here.
Your Rep Discounts!
I occasionally “rep” for companies/brands on Instagram. That works in your favor, because if you decide you like what I’m repping, you can purchase the product for 10% off with my discount code! Yay to saving money!
- Spireside Candles: Whimsical soy candles with all sorts of lovely scents! Use code BANDAR10